Saturday, October 26, 2013

Heart Rib Cage Cookies

I saw this super cool print on a T-Shirt awhile ago and like most cookiers you see something and think "how can I get that on a cookie?" Perfect timing with Halloween coming up and all. So I made these fun ribcage heart cookies. After piping the white bones onto the cookie it just needed something else so I painted some shadowing to give it some depth. Just thinned down some ivory food coloring with water and shaded the edges. To top it off.....cuz we always have to top it off with something lol. I added a glittery heart. Kinda turned a creepy cookie into a cute cookie I guess. But then again some would still say this is a creepy cookie. I prefer creepy Muahahaha!!!
Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful fun month of October!!
And because two pictures is better than one ;)
Thanks for stopping by ♥



13 comments:

  1. Just saw your work tonight, you are amazing and I am not easily impressed:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great design- they are so quirky, I love it! :D You made the bones look so perfect, are they just piped on with royal icing? Thank you for sharing your talent with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kalinya. Yes piped with white royal icing and then added some shading.

      Delete
  3. Wow! These are fab, I honestly thought they were airbrushed at first! Thanks for the tip! (I'm saving for an airbrush but maybe I don't need one!!!) I prefer creepy to cute too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shel. I have an airbrush and I love it. It is a great tool to have. I shaded with a paintbrush because it was easier to get in the tiny spaces.

      Delete
  4. These are fantastic! You're right, the glittery heart does transform it into something cute and not creepy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike!! Creepy cute lol...works for everyone ;)

      Delete
  5. Hmmm, I thought the glitter heart was the creepiest part of all, but in a good way. I wasn't kidding when I say that my heart stopped a minute when I saw these. Gasped out loud. Love them, and the shading and heart make them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca. I am still swooning over your steampunk skull. I cant wait to see the rest of the cookies you said you are working on.

      Delete
  6. This is the coolest thing I've ever seen and probably my favorite thing ever

    ReplyDelete